Leading global health insurer is expanding and looking to recruit an experienced Senior Underwriter. The successful applicant will be required to provide expert underwriting knowledge to the business and provide a key role in the on-going development of the underwriting model. Managing a small team, you will be both highly competent and dynamic. You will be responsible for ensuring that key financial targets are met, risk assessment and pricing, as well as developing a highly effective underwriting methodology. Experience in health, risk or protection insurance is a prerequisite for this role.
- To apply the agreed International PMI underwriting practices and policies within the limits set by the International Underwriting Philosophy, to deliver a prompt, high quality underwriting service.
- Maintain control data accurately and efficiently ensuring all relevant systems are updated in line with business activity.
- Ensure key financial targets are met by applying underwriting judgement in line with philosophy to a wide variety of risk related queries.
- Capture decisions and outcomes with a view to monitoring the effectiveness of underwriting decisions.
- To fully understand products, systems and procedures.
- Support and manage a small team.
Key skills and experience:
- Solid knowledge of products, contracts, processes and systems involved in the underwriting process with experience in a financial service environment.
- Experience of healthcare products.
- Commencement of professional qualifications (CII exams) is helpful but not necessary.
- Good Commercial Judgement – develop and articulate compelling business cases.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, English (mandatory) and Arabic.
- Organisational ability and self-motivation to work unsupervised.
- Proven management of a small team within an underwriting environment.
- Investigation and problem solving skills.
- Spreadsheet, word-processing and associated IT skills.
- Ability to prioritise daily work and complete within business standard turnaround times.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to organise self, work on own initiative and cope with varying workloads and pressure.
- Evidence to support skills & knowledge.
Global employee benefits provider is recruiting for a Senior Account Manager to manage a portfolio of both national and global clients. You will be proactive, with the ability to build strong business relationships, retain existing business and generate additional revenue through up-sales and expansions of the companies’ products and services. Proven track record managing business to business client relationships is preferred. Demonstrated experience selling products and services to an existing client base is also required. Based in London, the role will involve business travel within the UK and some overseas travel.
- Development and implementation of account management plans, including portfolio analysis, client contact activity cycles, client retention and expansion strategies.
- Developing strong pro-active client relationships, understanding customer business requirements, response timeframes and exceeding customer expectations.
- Generating growth within the assigned client portfolio by value-added solution sales of additional products and services to achieve set annual targets.
- Undertaking planning and implementation activity for new clients and supporting existing clients with on-going initiatives and contact activity. Providing clients with utilisation reporting, trend analysis and consultation to maximise the value of services for the client.
- Taking a lead role in responding to requests from clients for contract renewals and tenders relating to the assigned client portfolio.
- Developing strong relationships across departments, including the UK, USA and global offices.
- Actively supporting all business objectives, priorities, projects and initiatives.
- Actively supporting and participating in the Account Management team both in the UK and globally.
Core Competencies & Experience:
- Degree calibre
- Strong understanding of core requirements for an employee benefits account management role and the ability to implement these. Aligned to this will be experience in dealing with key accounts.
- Excellent communication skills plus interpersonal and professional presentation skills, (written & verbal & via electronic formats).
- Demonstrated ability to build strong commercially focused business relationships and to deal with the requirements of multiple stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and organize tasks to meet multiple deadlines. Project management skills and the ability to deal with change. Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to see both the macro and micro aspects of account management.
- Proficient with IT and technology applications and competent in working with Microsoft Office Suite products.
Leading Global Consultancy are looking to recruit an experienced Bid Manager to develop and co-ordinate bids and presentations for the Health and Benefits division. The Bid Manager will ensure that high quality bids, presentations and proposals are prepared efficiently and on time. The Bid Manager will also collect and maintain information for use by the organisations “bid community”.
- Experience of working in a professional services, employee benefits, broking, insurance or financial services environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to present technical information in a client-friendly, understandable document
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Good rapport building skills
- Good command of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel and preferably Adobe packages
- APMP qualification an advantage