Healthcare software company are looking to recruit an experienced Managing Director with strong commercial acumen and a track record in business management and marketing/communications to grow and take the organisation forward to the next level.
You will oversee all business operations, people and ventures and will be responsible for the overall success of the business. You will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction whilst also implementing its visions, mission and long term goals. You will be results orientated and have a strong commercial acumen, ideally from a B2B sales background earlier so you can steer the organisation through their next phase of growth.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead, motivate and inspire the staff, external businesses, healthcare organisations and communities to deliver key business objectives and mission objectives
- Utilise strong stakeholder management skills to influence, support and provide information to policy makers and funders
- Develop & execute the company’s business strategies to attain the goals of the board and shareholders
- Provide strategic advice to the board and Chairpersons so that they will have an accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Oversee the company’s financial performance
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Be fine-tuned in financial planning and strategy, marketing concepts, positioning, people management, territory management, sales planning, competitive analysis, understanding the customer, product development, client relationships and healthcare services
- Proven experience as Managing Director, ideally within a £20M+ turnover business with a background in marketing, preferably within the healthcare industry
- Substantial experience of delivering innovative and creative solutions to meet organisational objectives
- Experience in management, brand management, public relations, marketing, campaign planning and implementation, digital marketing (web, social media, online), project management, public speaking or an equivalent combination of education is essential for this role.
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic business plans
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Commercial background with a track record of growing turnover and profitability
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance