Global insurance provider is now recruiting for a Head of Health Services and Network Procurement. Reporting to the COO, you will be the strategic lead responsible for Health Services and Network Procurement. Accountable for the Health Services and Network Team, and responsible for the design, development, implementation and operational effectiveness of all associated health and third-party related services that contribute to the Company’s proposition.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of new health services, network, features and services.
- Ensuring that the Company Proposition is competitive and where practicable market leading delivering Health Services and Network related projects to time and budget and where third parties are responsible for delivering such projects, take responsibility for managing said third parties.
- Create, implement and manage robust procedures and tools to monitor performance. Providing effective internal reporting on network performance, claims cost and spend to support internal decision making etc.
- Be accountable for the total cost of Claims. The incumbent shall be responsible for managing the overall cost of claims, taking such actions as may reasonably be necessary to divert claims into network and for obtain network discounts and savings. Working with and supporting the Product Development Manager and Claims Managers to ensure that products and claims process are such to extract maximum value from the Network and developing the Network and its associated services to effectively support products and clams.
- Be accountable for the customer experience in respect of Clients and access to Providers and Health Services, ensuring clients have ready access to appropriate network providers, are recognised by said providers and can receive cashless settlement wherever practical.
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of all Network and Health Services related policies, procedure and process and for the development and structuring of the Health Services and Network teams.
- Support sales and business development staff in “selling” of the Network and Health services capabilities including and developing and delivering client specific network solutions by actively participating in and developing responses to RFP’s, though the analyses of client network utilisation, health service requirements and costs of claims challenges.
- Where appropriate designing client specific network and health services solutions and taking a leading role in client presentations etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly analytical and commercial with good planning, strategy and consultancy skills. Practised in developing and delivering on business cases, strategies and for managing budgets and delivering to targets and objectives.
- Practised negotiator practiced in negotiating complex commercial contracts for the provision of health services by providers and TPA’s with a view to achieving a balanced solution to the benefit of all.
- Strong team player, focussed on delivering own objectives while enabling / supporting others to deliver theirs.
- Self-motivated with ability to work effectively in a team in order to identify and overcome areas of delay that could impede resolving issues within set deadlines and acceptable service guidelines. Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and ability to drive and embrace change while motivating and leading teams through times change and of stressed resources.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, start-up operation while maintain a focus on delivery of results through personal effectiveness, problem solving & decision making and coordination of resources
- Ability to work autonomously and hands on recognising that as a Start-up all team members and managers need to be able to “do and deliver” as well as manage. Job holder must naturally prefer action and delivery.
- Ability to travel, the role will require the job holder to travel internationally and is likely to spend a week a month or more traveling to meet with and work with Providers and Partners. From time to time when working to establish new services etc. or when undertaking market contracting activities the incumbent may be required to be in country for up to 2 weeks at a time.
- Highly accountable able to addresses difficult or controversial issues. Accepts ownership of decisions, actions and problems. Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills.
- Innovative, able to invent new paradigms and takes an innovative approach to problem solving. Able to use existing resources in creative ways to improve results and able to apply learning from previous employee / market to develop and deliver market leading solutions to clients in a cost effective and operationally efficient manner. Where appropriate, demonstrating originality and outside the box thinking.
- Able to demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of the Healthcare/Health Insurance Industry, with a good understanding of healthcare economics and clinician provisioning as it relates to Healthcare purchasing and Medical claims management.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent practical experience.
- Multi-lingual skills highly desirable.
- Direct experience of designing, developing and managing International Provider Networks and of selecting, negotiating with, and managing Heath Services providers TPA’s and TPA networks in the International Health Insurance, Assistance, or related industries.
- Experience of contract management and running structured tendering process, including ongoing development of standard terms and other apprise contracting. Strong negotiation skills, with emphasis in achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Experience of operating in an International, matrix, and management environment and of managing dispersed teams operating across time zones and cultures.
- Track record of managing start up or transformational change and of delivering on going performance and efficiency improvements in a range of environments.
- Practised in working with third party providers and multiple internal organisations to deliver customer value and business efficiency, in particular practised in managing inter Group relationships where success is depended of effecting strong working relationships with “Group” companies.
- Experience of having operated at a senior level in a competitive business environment, developing strong relationships with senior stakeholders and external providers. Able to effectively develop and present plans, strategies, budgets and programmes to diverse leadership and stakeholder groups.