Global employee benefits provider is recruiting for a Senior Account Manager to manage a portfolio of both national and global clients. You will be proactive, with the ability to build strong business relationships, retain existing business and generate additional revenue through up-sales and expansions of the companies’ products and services. Proven track record managing business to business client relationships is preferred. Demonstrated experience selling products and services to an existing client base is also required. Based in London, the role will involve business travel within the UK and some overseas travel.
- Development and implementation of account management plans, including portfolio analysis, client contact activity cycles, client retention and expansion strategies.
- Developing strong pro-active client relationships, understanding customer business requirements, response timeframes and exceeding customer expectations.
- Generating growth within the assigned client portfolio by value-added solution sales of additional products and services to achieve set annual targets.
- Undertaking planning and implementation activity for new clients and supporting existing clients with on-going initiatives and contact activity. Providing clients with utilisation reporting, trend analysis and consultation to maximise the value of services for the client.
- Taking a lead role in responding to requests from clients for contract renewals and tenders relating to the assigned client portfolio.
- Developing strong relationships across departments, including the UK, USA and global offices.
- Actively supporting all business objectives, priorities, projects and initiatives.
- Actively supporting and participating in the Account Management team both in the UK and globally.
Core Competencies & Experience:
- Degree calibre
- Strong understanding of core requirements for an employee benefits account management role and the ability to implement these. Aligned to this will be experience in dealing with key accounts.
- Excellent communication skills plus interpersonal and professional presentation skills, (written & verbal & via electronic formats).
- Demonstrated ability to build strong commercially focused business relationships and to deal with the requirements of multiple stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and organize tasks to meet multiple deadlines. Project management skills and the ability to deal with change. Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to see both the macro and micro aspects of account management.
- Proficient with IT and technology applications and competent in working with Microsoft Office Suite products.