Senior Consultant – Based London – Salary c. £50k base plus commission
Reporting to the Sales Director, this role for a leading global insurer encompasses senior account management coupled with an element of mentoring and coaching across some members of the sales team. The core objectives surround the day-to-day management of the existing client portfolio and achieving new business targets. Retention of existing clients, identifying opportunities and winning new business will be at the heart of this role.
- Accountable for the preparation ownership and delivery of a Business Plan for the development of the job holder’s existing portfolio and potential opportunities, maximising relevant opportunities.
- Competent sales person who is able to meet sales targets set by the Sales Director.
- Management of own client and prospect portfolio in line with the standards of business practice defined by the Company and to maintain good business relationships.
- Effective and efficient time management.
- Contributing to the overall business strategy through conceptual ideas for consideration by the respective line manager and Sales Director.
- Mentoring of other sales colleagues will be required with a view to supporting the overall strategy for training and development across the wider sales team.
- To attend client and prospect business meetings as arranged by the Tele-Business team.
- To assess the best products and service options in relation to the particular requirements of each client.
- To ensure best advice is given at every stage of the sales process and adherence to regulatory requirements is observed.
- Working closely with the Sales Support team, assisting in the preparation of quotations and client reports.
- Full compliance with the completion of data entry onto the CRM system.
Key skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience within the relevant market sector in a client facing commercial role.
- Willingness to study for relevant industry qualifications to a minimum of Cert CII.
- Good influencing and presentation skills with experience at presenting to Board level.
- Adaptable and open to new processes and ideas with an ability to encourage such behaviours across the wider team in support the of respective line manager.
- A good knowledge of relevant products and funding options available in the market place and knowledge of competing intermediaries.
- Strong knowledge of each market provider’s products and differentiators is essential to an effective contribution to this role.
- Good computer literacy and an ability to adopt with ease new processes and procedures.
- A good understanding of the FCA regulations and their impact on the job role.
- An understanding of principles and rules relating to confidentiality as defined by the Data Protection Act.