Leading global health insurer is expanding and looking to recruit an experienced Senior Underwriter. The successful applicant will be required to provide expert underwriting knowledge to the business and provide a key role in the on-going development of the underwriting model. Managing a small team, you will be both highly competent and dynamic. You will be responsible for ensuring that key financial targets are met, risk assessment and pricing, as well as developing a highly effective underwriting methodology. Experience in health, risk or protection insurance is a prerequisite for this role.
- To apply the agreed International PMI underwriting practices and policies within the limits set by the International Underwriting Philosophy, to deliver a prompt, high quality underwriting service.
- Maintain control data accurately and efficiently ensuring all relevant systems are updated in line with business activity.
- Ensure key financial targets are met by applying underwriting judgement in line with philosophy to a wide variety of risk related queries.
- Capture decisions and outcomes with a view to monitoring the effectiveness of underwriting decisions.
- To fully understand products, systems and procedures.
- Support and manage a small team.
Key skills and experience:
- Solid knowledge of products, contracts, processes and systems involved in the underwriting process with experience in a financial service environment.
- Experience of healthcare products.
- Commencement of professional qualifications (CII exams) is helpful but not necessary.
- Good Commercial Judgement – develop and articulate compelling business cases.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, English (mandatory) and Arabic.
- Organisational ability and self-motivation to work unsupervised.
- Proven management of a small team within an underwriting environment.
- Investigation and problem solving skills.
- Spreadsheet, word-processing and associated IT skills.
- Ability to prioritise daily work and complete within business standard turnaround times.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to organise self, work on own initiative and cope with varying workloads and pressure.
- Evidence to support skills & knowledge.